Monday, July 23, 2007

Wild about Harry

I'll admit it. I do love my Harry Potter books. I mean, not in a dress-up-as-Hedwig-and-go-to-the-local-Barnes-and-Noble kind of way, but in a stay-up-'till-4 AM-reading kind of way. Which is what I did after opened Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at 10:00 PM on Saturday night.

There's just something about the series...getting lost in a completely different world. I'm not normally a sci-fi fan, but these books got me hooked. The characters. The setting. The matter-of-fact way Rowling writes about the wizarding world. I can't quite explain it, seeing as a I'm a Muggle, of course.

All I know is that I was completely emotionally spent after I finished the book on Sunday at 1:30 PM. Well, that and forlorn, knowing this is the last HP book. Ever.
But on Sunday night, I gave my copy of the first Harry Potter book--Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone--to my 8-year-old daughter to read. She had expressed an interest in reading Deathly Hallows, but I insisted that she start at the beginning (a very good place to start).

And now I get to experience Harry Potter all over again, through her eyes. And the series goes on...

2 comments:

  1. Oh good--another HP fan in the making.
    I am in P-burgh visiting Geoffrey & Christy and brought my HP7 (that's what Kristen says they are calling the book in UK) along.
    I haven't read until 4 a.m. though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK--I sent a comment in when you first posted this.
    What gives? It didn't go through? You didn't approve it?
    I am now around p. 200--I know, I have a long way to go, but no reason to rush!

    ReplyDelete

Labels